The Manistee Community Kitchen encourages local gardeners to plant a row of vegetables in their garden, and donate them to Manistee’s network of food pantries. By donating vegetables and garden surplus, we can improve access to healthy and nutritious foods for families who are food insecure.
Become a part of the solution! Here’s how:
- Commit to planting an extra row of produce in your garden
- Commit to feeding your family more fruits and vegetables.
- Fill out and submit the following commitment form.
- Prepare your garden and plant your favorite vegetables.
- Plant a “Row For Hunger” sign in your garden to demonstrate your participation.
- Tend your garden well during the growing season.
- Harvest your fresh vegetables and drop off your garden surplus at an assigned location.
- Enjoy the fruits of your labor knowing you’re eating right and helping your neighbors to do the same.
Plant a Row. Help Fight Hunger. Commitment Form
Yes! I will donate my garden surplus to a hungry Manistee County family.
To mail or fax a hard copy of this form – download it here.
Need more information? No problem – click here.
The Manistee Community Kitchen will provide seeds, harvest and tilling support for all rows planted to alleviate community hunger. For more information about planting a row to help fight hunger, contact Brandon Seng at 231-357-4334.